Saturday, April 05, 2008

Barnes and Noble.com to the rescue. I've been squeezed! Like many other authors published by small or non traditional presses, I'm caught in the strong arm twist by Amazon.com. They still list my books, rank them, and carry the reviews, but they don't sell them. There is no buy button. Not because of my books, my writing, or me but because they are now owners of a publishing company and want my books redone by their company.
When I protested, I received a lengthy letter of explanation, saying in essence, that the new policy is to speed up the process and better satisfy the customers. A story I'll believe when they begin remaking all the toys, clothing, and appliances they also sell.
On the upside, Barnes and Noble.com does the same job at the same price and just as quickly. www.barnesandnoble.com

No comments: